- MA History California State University, Northridge December 2008
- BA History California State University, Northridge May 2002
- BA Religious Studies California State University, Northridge May 2002
- AA Degree Radio Television Production, Moorpark College 1993
Fields of Study
Modern Military History, United States History, History of American South and World History 1945 to the Present.
Lost Cause to Lost Generation: World War I, and the African-American Troops from Adams County Mississippi. Thesis advisor, Dr. Ron Davis, CSUN
- Computer Lab Help Desk - On site
- Student Union, California State University, Northridge CA 1998-January 2009
- Diet Aide
- Thousand Oaks Health Care Center, Thousand Oaks CA 1995-1998
- Other work experience
- Cine Film Processing in Film Preservation movement, Offshore Oil exploration, Freelance writing.
- Graduate teaching assistant
- US History survey course: Colonial to 1865, 1865 to the Present
- Student Union Computer Lab
- Computer software use MS Excel and Word
Natchez Courthouse Records Project 2003
- Natchez, Mississippi
- U.S. South Colloquium April 2006
- Paris, France
- French Revolution (1789) July 2000 Paper presentation on the Fête of Federation (Bastille Day) 1790
California State University, Northridge, Urban Archives
- Graduate Studies Department, California State University Northridge
- Support Grant, 2004
- Zorester Award 2001
- History Department, California State University, Northridge.
- Charles Hoffbauer: Forgotten Lost Cause Icon or Anachronism?
- Paper for the 2010 Southwest Historical Association Convention, Las Vegas.
- The “Over-turning” of An Historic Public Monument: The Natchez, Mississippi Memorial Hall World War I Monument As A Case History
- Southwestern Social Science Association Las Vegas Nevada 2008
- Don't Ship my Daughter Home at Christmas: Mississippi Brings Home Her Dead from World War I (1920-1924)
- Southwestern Social Science Association, Albuquerque New Mexico 2007
- From Mississippi to Paris: The World War I Gold Star Mothers, Widows of World War I
- Southwestern Social Science Association, San Antonio, Texas April 2006
- From Chicago To Paris: The Not-So-Merry Widows Illinois Eighth, World War I, Gold Star Mothers
- Organization of American Historians Southern Regional Meeting, Lincoln, Nebraska July 2006
- “The Natchez Four” The World War I black combat veterans from Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi.
- Southwestern Social Science Association New Orleans, LA March 23-26 2005.
- Sergeant James C. Minor: First of “the Natchez Four”
- Ninth Annual California State University Northridge Student Research and Creative Activity Symposium November 2004
- Finding The Invisible Veteran: The Black World War I Veterans of Jim Crow Natchez Mississippi.
- Organization of American Historians Southern Regional Meeting Atlanta GA. July 2004
- The Unknown Soldiers: The Black Troops of World War I Natchez Mississippi, 1910-1930.
- Historic Natchez conference, Natchez Mississippi, February 2004
- The Role Of Army Chaplains In Race Relations 1968-1970.
- Northern Great Plains Historical Conference in St. Cloud Minnesota, 1999.
- Catholics And Protestants, A Sociological Approach.
- Religious Diversity Conference 1997, California State University, Northridge